Reshmi chicken masala is a delicious dish from India. It is a creamy and mildly spicy dish. Chicken gets marinated with curd, turmeric powder, and other spices. Then the meat gets cooked in a gravy. Gravy gets a smooth, creamy texture because of onion-cashew paste. It is a perfect dish if you don’t like very spicy food. If you love Indian curry dishes and wants to try something different, then this is the perfect dish. It is a very easy dish to make and full of flavors.
Similar main course recipes:
Reshmi Chicken Masala | Reshmi Chicken Gravy
- 750 gm chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 20 cashews
- 3 green chilies
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 5 tbsp curd
- 1½ tsp red chili powder
- 1½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp cream
- 5 green cardamoms
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp oil
- Take 750 gm chicken in a mixing bowl. Add 5 tbsp curd, 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, and 1½ tsp red chili powder. Then add 1½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, and ½ tsp turmeric powder. After that, add 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp kasuri methi, 1 tsp salt, and 2 tsp lemon juice.
- Mix everything well with the chicken. Let it marinate at least for 30 min.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai on a medium-high flame. Add 1 cup of chopped onions and fry them for 4-5 min. Next, add 20 cashews and 3 green chilies and fry them for 6 min. Fry the onions until they become soft.
- Transfer everything to a mixer jar and add a little water. Make a smooth paste of it.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter in the kadai on a medium flame. Add 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, 5 green cardamoms, and 5 cloves. Fry well for 4-5 seconds and add the prepared paste to the kadai.
- Saute the paste for 5 min. Add the marinated chicken and mix it well with the paste. Cover the pan with a lid and let the chicken cook for 15 min. Remove the lid and give the chicken a good stir in between.
- Add 1 cup of water and stir well. Cook the chicken for another 20 min.
- Add 5 tbsp cream and combine well with the gravy. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 min.
- Now add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Let the gravy thicken a little and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice, roti, or naan.
- Adjust the spiciness as per your taste.
- If you want to use boneless chicken, use the thigh part.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the utensils.
- Marination time is the minimum time. You can marinate chicken for more time.