Similar main course recipes:
Malai Chicken Tikka
Malai chicken tikka is a tasty recipe. This appetizer dish uses very few spices. Instead, it uses butter, cashew paste, cheese, hung curd, and other basic ingredients. They give chicken a delicious and juicy taste. If you want to surprise your family or guests, this is one of the best dishes to try.
- 500 gm chicken boneless (cubed)
- 4 tbsp hung curd
- 4 tbsp fresh cream
- 3 tbsp grated cheese
- 2 tbsp mixed paste of ginger (garlic, and green chili)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp kasuri methi
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp cashew paste
- Take 500 gm boneless chicken cubes in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp lemon juice, and 1 tbsp ginger-garlic-green chili paste. Mix well with the chicken cubes and let them marinate for 30 min.
- In another bowl, add 4 tbsp hung curd, 4 tbsp fresh cream, 3 tbsp grated cheese, and 1 tsp kasuri methi. Then add 1 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 2 tbsp cashew paste, ¼ tsp nutmeg powder, ¼ tsp green cardamom powder and 1 tbsp oil. Mix all the spices well together. Add the marinated cubes and mix well.
- Soak the wooden skewers in warm water for at least 30 min. If not soaked, wooden skewers can burn or break while cooking tikka.
- Now take the cubes and thread them on the skewers. Thread 4 cubes per skewer.
- Preheat grill pan over high heat. Add 2 tbsp butter and turn the flame to medium. Place 3-4 skewers on a grill pan at the same time. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook the chicken for 15 min then turn the skewers to the opposite side and cook for another 15 min. Keep brushing butter to malai tikka in between.
- Transfer the chicken malai tikka in a serving plate and serve hot with green chutney.
- Don’t cut the meat cubes too small or too big. Cut them into even sizes.
- You can use the thigh or breast part of the chicken for the recipe.
- Cooking time can change depending on the thickness of your grill pan.
- Preheat the pan before adding the butter to it.
- If possible, let the chicken marinate for a few hours.
Subscribe with us to get delicious recipes directly to your inbox: