How to make Chinese chicken clear soup at home – restaurant-style recipe
Chicken clear soup is very delicious and easy to make. It needs very few ingredients and is mildly hot in taste. The chicken is simmered with ingredients like carrots, onions, and spices. You can also add vegetables of your choice. The soup is then strained through a fine mesh sieve and served hot with shredded meat pieces. It is comforting, healthy, and simply delicious, making it perfect for people of all ages.
Chicken clear soup recipe
Chicken clear soup is very delicious and very easy to make. It is light, refreshing, healthy, and nice to consume if you are suffering from a common cold.
- 300 gm chicken
- 2 tbsp carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup onions, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp salt
- Small piece of ginger
- 8-10 black peppers whole
- ½ tsp white pepper powder
- 7-8 stems of coriander leaves.
- 4 cups of water
- Heat a kadai on medium heat. Add 300 gm chicken, a bay leaf, ginger, salt, white pepper powder, chopped onions, and chopped carrots. Mix well with the chicken and cook for 3-4 min.
- Add 4 cups of water and stir well. Cover with a lid and cook for 45 min. Stir occasionally.
- Use a fine mesh sieve and strain the soup to separate it from the ingredients.
- Shred the cooked chicken pieces and keep them aside. Discard the bones.
- Add the shredded pieces to serving bowls and pour the soup over them.
- Garnish it with finely chopped green onions and serve hot.
- Use bone-in chicken pieces for soup.
- Adjust the amount of salt and white pepper powder as per your needs.
- You can add celery and herbs of your choice.
- You can also garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves.
Subscribe with us to get delicious recipes directly to your inbox: