Chicken manchurian is one of the most delicious and popular Indo-Chinese dishes. Fried minced chicken balls are cooked in lip-smacking manchurian gravy. You will find this recipe on the menu cards of all the restaurants serving Indo-Chinese dishes.
Chicken Manchurian Gravy Recipe
- 250 gm chicken (minced)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup capsicum, chopped
- ¼ cup onions, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Take 250 gm minced chicken in a mixing bowl. Mix it and all the ingredients together well.
- After mixing well, make the small balls of the mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai on a medium-high flame. Gently drop the minced chicken balls in the kadai. Fry for 7-8 min or until they turn golden brown in color.
- In a bowl, add 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp red chili sauce, and ¼ tsp black pepper powder. Then add 1 tbsp brown sugar, ¼ tsp salt, and 1 tbsp cornflour. Add ½ cup water and whisk well to make sauce.
- In a kadai or a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil on a medium flame. Add 1 tbsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp chopped ginger, and sauté for a minute.
- Add ¼ cup chopped onions, 1tbsp green chili, and ¼ cup chopped capsicum, mix well. Sauté for 2 min.
- Add the prepared manchurian sauce and combine well. Stir well for 2 min.
- Now add the fried manchurian balls to the sauce and mix well. Keep stirring and cooking till you get the desired consistency of the sauce.
- Add 1 tbsp chopped green onion and mix well.
- Serve hot chicken manchurian gravy with fried rice, hakka noodles, or steamed rice.
- You can use chicken stock instead of water.
- Don’t cook the sauce for too long. The sauce will continue to thicken as long as you cook.
- Adjust spice level as desired.
Subscribe with us to get delicious recipes directly to your inbox: