Chicken manchurian gravy is a popular Indo-Chinese dish. Minced chicken gets mixed with ginger-garlic paste, cornflour, and other ingredients. This mixture is then shaped into small balls and fried. Gravy is made with soy sauce, chili sauce, green capsicum, and other ingredients.
This dish has a savory, tangy, and spicy taste. You will find this mouthwatering dish available in all Indo-Chinese restaurants. Chicken manchurian comes in two versions: dry and gravy. You can serve chicken manchurian gravy with fried rice or hakka noodles.
You should definitely try this recipe at home if you love Indo-Chinese dishes.
Chicken manchurian gravy recipe restaurant style
For the manchurian
- 250 gm chicken, minced
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
For the manchurian sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup capsicum, chopped
- ¼ cup onions, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Take 250 gm minced chicken in a mixing bowl. Add ginger-garlic paste, black pepper powder, egg white, and all-purpose flour. Then add the cornflour, green onions, soy sauce, and salt. Mix everything well together.
- After mixing well, make small balls of the mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai on a medium-high flame. Gently drop the minced chicken balls into the kadai. Fry for 7-8 min or until they turn golden brown in color.
- In a bowl, add 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp red chili sauce, and ¼ tsp black pepper powder. Then add 1 tbsp brown sugar, ¼ tsp salt, and 1 tbsp cornflour. Add ½ cup water and whisk well to make the sauce.
- In a kadai or pan, heat 2 tbsp oil on a medium flame. Add 1 tbsp chopped garlic and 1 tsp chopped ginger, and sauté for a minute.
- Add ¼ cup chopped onions, 1 tbsp green chili, and ¼ cup chopped capsicum, mix well. Sauté for 2 min.
- Add the prepared manchurian sauce and combine well. Stir well for 2 min.
- Now add the fried manchurian balls to the sauce and mix well. Keep stirring and cooking till you get the desired consistency of the sauce.
- Add 1 tbsp chopped green onion and mix well.
- Serve hot chicken manchurian gravy with fried rice, hakka noodles, or steamed rice.
- You can use chicken stock instead of water.
- Don’t cook the manchurian sauce for too long. The sauce will continue to thicken as long as you cook.
- Adjust the spice level as desired.