Chicken Lollipop Gravy Recipe
Chicken lollipop gravy is a delicious Indo-Chinese dish. For this recipe, first you need to prepare a dry chicken lollipop. Then gravy is made with basic Chinese sauces and some other important ingredients. Finally, you get the lip smacking lollipop gravy. This is a must-try recipe.
Chicken lollipop gravy recipe
Chicken lollipop gravy is softer than its dry counterpart and has more flavors. It can be used as main dish for full meal. Try this dish if you haven’t already.
- 15 Dry lollipops
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- ¼ cup green onions whites
- 2 tbsp schezwan chutney
- 2 tbsp red chili sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 11/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- Prepare chicken lollipop dry first for this recipe. Check the link for the recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup chicken stock, 2 tbsp schezwan chutney, and 2 tbsp red chili sauce. Then add 3 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce and ½ tbsp sugar. Mix well.
- In small bowl, add 1 tbsp cornflour and 4 tbsp water. Mix well to make a corn flour slurry.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai on a medium flame. Add 1 tbsp chopped garlic and 1 tsp chopped ginger. Saute for 10-15 seconds. Add ¼ cup green onion whites and saute well for a minute.
- Add mixed sauces, ¼ white pepper powder and ¼ tsp salt. Mix well and cook for 4-5 min.
- Once the sauce starts to boil, add cornflour slurry and mix well. Add ½ cup water and stir well. Add dry lollipops to gravy and combine well with the gravy. Cook for 2 min., then add chopped 1 tbsp green onion and mix well. Turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with fried rice, hakka noodles, or steamed rice.
- Add more red chili sauce if you want the lollipops to be spicier.
- Maintain the consistency of gravy as per your liking. If it becomes too thick, you can add chicken stock or water to make it thinner.
Subscribe with us to get delicious recipes directly to your inbox: