Chicken lollipop gravy is a delicious Indo-Chinese dish. For this recipe, first you need to prepare a dry chicken lollipop. Then gravy is made with basic Chinese sauces and some other important ingredients. Finally, you get the lip smacking lollipop gravy. This is a must-try recipe.
Chicken lollipop gravy recipe
- 15 Dry lollipops
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- ¼ cup green onions whites
- 2 tbsp schezwan chutney
- 2 tbsp red chili sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- ½ cup water (optional)
- Prepare chicken lollipop dry first for this recipe. Check the link for the recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup chicken stock, 2 tbsp schezwan chutney, and 2 tbsp red chili sauce. Then add 3 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce and ½ tbsp sugar. Mix well.
- In small bowl, add 1 tbsp cornflour and 4 tbsp water. Mix well to make a corn flour slurry.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai on a medium flame. Add 1 tbsp chopped garlic and 1 tsp chopped ginger. Saute for 10-15 seconds. Add ¼ cup green onion whites and saute well for a minute.
- Add mixed sauces, ¼ white pepper powder and ¼ tsp salt. Mix well and cook for 4-5 min.
- Once the sauce starts to boil, add cornflour slurry and mix well. Add ½ cup water and stir well. Add dry lollipops to gravy and combine well with the gravy. Cook for 2 min., then add chopped 1 tbsp green onion and mix well. Turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with fried rice, hakka noodles, or steamed rice.
- Add more red chili sauce if you want the lollipops to be spicier.
- Maintain the consistency of gravy as per your liking. If it becomes too thick, you can add chicken stock or water to make it thinner.