Moong sprouts chaat is a very delicious Indian snack dish. To make this savory chaat dish, we actually need very few ingredients. Sprouted moong needs to be combined with boiled potatoes, peanuts, cucumber, and spices, topped with curd and tamarind chutney. These ingredients give this dish a spicy, sweet, and tangy taste. Try this simple, tasty, and easy-to-make recipe at home.
Moong Sprouts Chaat Recipe
- 1 cup sprouted moong beans
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 3 tbsp curd
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp peanuts
- 1 potato, boiled and chopped
- 1 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 4 tbsp sev
- In a pan, add ¼ cup water and 1 cup sprouted moong. Steam or boil for 7-8 min or until completely cooked. Keep them half-cooked if you want them to be crunchy.
- Transfer the boiled, sprouted moong into a mixing bowl. Add the chopped onion, cucumber, tomato, boiled potato, coriander leaves, and green chilies. Mix them well.
- Next, add ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp black pepper powder, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp chaat masala. Squeeze half a lemon and mix everything well together.
- Garnish with curd, tamarind chutney, chopped coriander leaves, and sev.
- You can add green chutney.
- Add curd, tamarind chutney, and green chilies as per your taste.
- You can add herbs of your choice.