Dry paneer bhurji is a tasty and quick-to-make North Indian dish. Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) needs to be crumbled and then cooked with onions, tomatoes, and spices. It is a very good source of protein, which makes this dish healthy. You can serve this dish as breakfast. Normally, it is served with roti or bread.
Similar main course recipes:
Paneer bhurji recipe dhaba style | How to make dry paneer bhurji
- 300 gm paneer (cottage cheese)
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1½ cup onions finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Crumble the paneer in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadai on medium heat. Add ½ tsp cumin seeds and fry till they start crackling.
- Add 1½ cup finely chopped onion and stir-fry for 6-7 min till it softens and becomes translucent.
- Add 2 finely chopped green chilies and 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste. Give it a good mix and cook for 2 min.
- Next, add 1 tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder, and 1 tsp coriander powder. Then add ½ tsp cumin powder and ¼ tsp turmeric powder. Mix all the spices well with the onions.
- Add 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes and ½ tsp salt and mix well. Cook the tomatoes for 3-4 min till they soften.
- Now add the crumbled paneer and mix well. Mix well and cook for 2-3 min. Add ¼ tsp garam masala and give a good mix.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Cook for a minute and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot paneer bhurji with roti, naan, or bread.
- You can use homemade paneer. If you are using a packaged one, please follow the package instructions before use.
- Adjust the spices as per your need.
- You can add your favorite veggies.