Honey Chilli Paneer Recipe
- 600 gm paneer cubed
- 5 tbsp maida (all purpose flour)
- 5 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup capsicum diced
- 2 tsp garlic chopped finely
- 1 tsp ginger chopped finely
- 3 green chilli sliced
- ½ cup spring onion whites
- ½ cup spring onion greens (finely chopped)
- 6 tbsp cooking oil
- Cut 600 gm paneer into big cubes and transfer in a small mixing bowl. Add ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper powder. Mix well and keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add 5 tbsp maida, 5 tbsp corn flour, ½ tsp salt and ¼ cup water. Whisk everything well together to make smooth and lump free batter. Don’t make batter too thick or thin.
- Add paneer pieces in a batter and coat them well from all sides.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadai. Add paneer in a kadai to fry them. Keep turning the sides of paneer and fry till they turn golden brown in color.
- In small bowl, add 4 tbsp tomato ketchup, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp red chilli sauce and 1½ tbsp vinegar. Mix well together. Next, add 3 tbsp honey and ½ tbsp black pepper powder, mix well.
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp oil on a medium high heat. Add 2 tsp chopped garlic and 1 tsp chopped ginger. Saute for 1 minute.
- Next, add 1 tsp black pepper powder, 1 cup diced onions,1/2 cup chopped spring onion whites and 1 cup diced capsicum. Mix well and fry for 2 min on medium high heat.
- Add prepared sauce and paneer cubes. Mix everything well. Cook for 3-4 min on medium high heat. Add chopped spring onion greens and give a good mix.
- Serve hot chilli paneer with hakka noodles or fried rice.
- Batter won’t stick to paneer cubes if batter is too thin.
- You can add red and yellow capsicum if available.
- Adjust the level of spices and sauces as per your liking.