Rava Upma Recipe
Rava upma is a popular and tasty Indian breakfast dish. It has a nice aroma and taste. Rava upma is served on most of the restaurants' breakfast menus.
- 1 cup rava (suji/semolina)
- ½ cup onions
- ¼ cup carrot
- ¼ cup matar (green peas)
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 10-12 cashews
- 2-3 green chilies
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- ½ tsp rai mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp udad dal
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ lemon (for juice)
- 3½ tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan. Add 1 cup of rava and roast well for 4-5 min. Remove in a plate once done.
- In the same pan, heat ½ tsp ghee and add ¼ cup rawa. Roast for 3 min. Add 17–18 cashew halves and roast for 2 min or till they turn brown. Remove once roasted well.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan. Add ½ tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp cumin seeds, and 1 tsp udad dal (black gram lentil). Fry well for 20 seconds on a medium flame. Add 8-10 curry leaves and 3-4 green chilies, halved. Sauté for 15 seconds.
- Add ½ cup chopped onions and fry for 2 min. Next, add ¼ cup chopped carrot and sauté for 1 min. Add ¼ cup green peas and sauté for 2 min.
- Now add 2 cup water in a pan and mix well with the veggies. Add 1 tsp salt and stir well. Cover the pan with a lid and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water starts to boil, add roasted semolina (suji) in it and mix well. Cover the lid and cook for 5 min. Add the roasted peanuts and cashews. Then, mix them well. Add 1 tsp ghee, mix well. Then add the chopped coriander leaves and combine well with the upma.
- Add a little water if the umpa becomes dry. Squeeze half a lemon and add 1 tsp sugar. Mix well with upma and cook for 2 min. Turn off the flame.
- Serve hot rava upma with lime wedges, pickle, or coconut chutney.
- Rava should be roasted properly for this recipe. Roast it on a medium to low heat. Keep it stirring to stop it from burning.
- Use 2-3 cups of water for 1 cup of rava.
- Add vegetables of your choice.
Subscribe with us to get delicious recipes directly to your inbox: