Veg hakka noodles is another popular Indo-Chinese dish. It is delicious and mildly spicy. Boiled hakka noodles are stir-fried with veggies and chinese sauces. It is very easy and quick to make for any occasion. You will find this recipe at any Indian street-side food stall. It’ll be also on the menu of many Indian restaurants.
You can serve them with chili paneer, veg manchurian, or gobi manchurian.
Similar main course recipes:
Indo-Chinese Vegetable Hakka Noodles Indian Street Style at Home
For boiling the noodles
- 200 gm hakka noodles
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 8 cups water
To cook the hakka noodles
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- ½ cup capsicum sliced
- ½ cup carrot sliced
- ½ cup cabbage shredded
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 tbsp celery chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup spring onion chopped
- 2 tbsp chili oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Heat 8 cups of water in a pot on medium-high heat. Once the water starts to boil, add 200 gm hakka noodles and 1 tbsp salt.
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions or till they turn al dente.
- Drain the water and rinse the noodles with cold water to stop them from further cooking.
- Spread the boiled hakka noodles on a plate and apply 1 tbsp cooking oil to them, so they don’t stick to each other.
Cooking Hakka Noodles
- In a pan or a wok, heat 2 tbsp oil on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add1 tbsp chopped garlic, and 1 tsp chopped ginger.Fry them for 10 to 12 seconds.
- Add a small onion sliced, ½ cup capsicum sliced, ½ cup carrot sliced,and ½ cup cabbage shredded. Sauté for 2 min on medium high heat. Do not cook veggies completely; keep them crunchy.
- Now, add 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar, ½ tsp black pepper powder,and ½ tsp salt. Mix them well with all the vegetables and sauté for 20 seconds.
- Next, add ¼ cup chopped green onion. Then add the boiled hakka noodles and toss everything well. Stir-fry for 2 min.
- Add 2 tbsp chili oil and 1 tsp sesame oil. Toss the noodles well and cook for another 2 min.
- Finally, garnish veg hakka noodles with finely chopped green onions. Serve them hot with schezwan chutney, chili paneer, or gobi manchurian.
- Add vegetables of your choice. Chop all the vegetables thinly.
- Do not overcook the noodles. Overcooked noodles will be stickier.
- If you want the noodles to be spicier, add more chili oil, or you can add sliced green chili.