Methi matar malai recipe restaurant style | Methi malai mutter
Methi matar malai is a creamy North Indian curry dish. It is a very smooth, creamy, rich, and delicious curry made with methi (fenugreek leaves), cream, and green peas. It has a mildly spicy, bitter, and sweet taste. Cream and cashew paste gives a very smooth texture to the curry. This curry dish is very easy and quick to make. Try this tasty and healthy restaurant-style curry dish at home for dinner or special occasions.
Similar main course recipes:
Methi matar malai recipe
Methi matar malai is a creamy, rich, and delicious North Indian curry. It has a mild, spicy, and sweet taste. Methi (fenugreek) leaves add their own taste and aroma to the curry. This restaurant-style dish is very easy to make and a perfect option for your dinner choice.
- 1½ cup methi (fenugreek) leaves
- 1 cup matar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 2 green chilies
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp curd or yogurt
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green cardamoms
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp sugar
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan on medium heat. Add 1 cup chopped onion and fry for 2-3 min.
- Add 2 green chilies, 5 garlic cloves, 1 inch chopped ginger, ¼ cup cashews, and ¼ cup water. Stir well and cook for 5 min. Place it on a plate and let it cool down.
- Transfer the cooked ingredients into a mixer jar and add 2 tbsp curd. Blend till you get a smooth paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan on low heat. Add ½ tsp cumin seeds and 2 green cardamoms. Once the cumin seeds start crackling, add 1½ cup methi leaves and fry for 2 min.
- Add onion and cashew paste to a pan. Keep stirring for 4-5 min.
- Add ½ cup water and mix well. Cook gravy for 2 min. Add frozen matar and mix well. Cook for 3-4 min.
- Next, add ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp white pepper powder and mix. Add ½ cup cream and ¼ tsp garam masala and give a good mix. Finally, add ½ tsp sugar and mix well. Cook for 2 min and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with roti, paratha, or naan.
- Cut the stems of the methi leaves.
- I have used homemade frozen matars that were half-boiled before freezing. If you are using fresh matar, boil them for 3-4 min before adding in curry.
- Adjust the spice level as per your taste.
- Add more water if you want the curry to be thinner.
Subscribe with us to get delicious recipes directly to your inbox: