Egg bhurji or anda bhurji is an Indian variation of scrambled eggs. It is cooked in different spices and veggies which makes it different from regular scrambled eggs. It is a bit dry in texture. Spices give a very good aroma and taste to this recipe. This dish is really popular in India and you will find many food stalls on Indian streets serving anda bhurji. This dish is normally served with roti, chapati or paratha. But it tastes better with paav or bread. This recipe is very easy and fast to make. You must try this recipe at home if you love egg recipes.
Egg bhurji recipe
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp paav bhaji masala
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Break 6 eggs in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and beat well till mixed together. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil on medium high heat in a kadai. Add ½ tsp cumin seeds and fry for 5 seconds.
- Add 1 cup finely chopped onions and fry for 3-4 min. Add 1 tbsp of chopped garlic and 3 chopped green chilies. Fry for 2 min.
- Add 1 cup chopped tomatoes and cook for 4 min. Add ½ tsp salt and mix well.
- Turn the heat to low. Add 1½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, and 2 tsp paav bhaji masala. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Now slowly add a small amount of egg mixture to a kadai. Mix well using a spatula. Again, add a small amount and mix well. Repeat this process till you finish adding the remaining mixture to the kadai. This method helps all the ingredients to mix and coat well in the egg mixture.
- Keep stirring well for 3-4 min till the mixture becomes thick. Add 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves and give a good mix. Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot Anda bhurji with paav, bread or chapati.
- Adjust the spice level as per your taste.
- Always break an egg into a small bowl then add it to a bigger bowl to whisk with the other eggs. By doing this, we can eliminate adding a bad or rotten egg with other fresh ones.