Mashed potatoes is one of the most popular holiday side dish recipes. This buttery and creamy recipe tastes delicious. This is a very easy recipe to make, mainly prepared during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe with Heavy Cream
- 400 gm potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 tbsp butter
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp parsley finely chopped
- Wash and clean 400 gm of potatoes with fresh water. Remove their skin and cut them into square-shaped pieces.
- Boil enough water in a pot to cook potatoes. Add the chopped potato pieces and 3 crushed garlic cloves. Make sure the water line is an inch above the chopped pieces.
- For the first 5 min, boil on a medium-high flame, then turn the flame to low and boil for 15-20 min.
- Use a colander and drain the water. Put the potatoes and garlic cloves back in the pot in which they were boiled. Mash the potatoes using a masher or a ricer. You need something that can mash well. Mash the potatoes till they turn smoother.
- While mashing, keep adding 6 tbsp butter and ½ cup warm milk. Combine well.
- Also add ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp white pepper powder while mashing. Mix well. Make sure there are no big lumps left in the pot.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl. Garnish with a pinch of black pepper powder, chopped parsley, and melted butter.
- You can use a potato ricer, masher, or even a thick, big wooden spoon for the purpose of mashing.
- Don’t mash for too long; otherwise, your dish will turn gluey.
- You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
Subscribe with us to get delicious recipes directly to your inbox: